Monday, December 21

Beauty Finds: BB Creams, Foundations and Concealer

I've gone through various stages of make up during my years of experimenting. I'm very particular with what I put on my face. Though I am blessed to not have sensitive skin nor acne problems, it's really, really, important to know what works best for you before suffering the consequences - trust me, it has happened to me before and I regret it.

Well, every experience is part of the learning curve. I purchased my first BB Cream at the age of eighteen, freshmen at college and surrounded by girls who placed cake full of make up on their faces despite not having any imperfections to cover what so ever. Though, at the age of twenty, I started being one of them putting, lol. I bought my first ever foundation and then it progressed to concealers at the age of twenty one (this year) when I learned the art of achieving Kim Kardashian's contour and highlight. Enough babbling, here are my favourite picks ranging from drug store to high-end products when it comes to the three make-up products mentioned above.


B  B    C R E A M 

If you're new to make up and you're clueless as to what a BB Cream is, well it stands for; blemish balm/base or beauty balm. What does this cream do? Virst of all, it's somewhat like a foundation, however it's offers light coverage. It also works as a sun-block, primer, serum and moisturizer. My favourite BB Cream of all time has got to be the Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Suncream (nama taknak lagi panjang ke). Applying this wonder of a product is like applying powder. It oxides so well with the skin, allowing a smooth base, and let me just add - the coverage isn't that light as well! Usually, I'd be confident enough to pat this and some baby powder and be off to wherever I plan to go. Yes, and like its long name, it really does last 12 hours. I wore it for more than 12 hours once and my face wasn't oily at all. If you're looking for a drugstore BB Cream, Maybelline offers a good one (although it's not available in Malaysia) and another high-end BB Cream which I would recommend would be Laura Mercier's. 

F O U N D A T I O N 

They say splurging on a good foundation is worth the investment. I would agree, although for my foundation pick, the best would be a drug store product from L'Oreal. Recommended by Beauty Guru's, I picked the L'Oreal True Match foundation for less than RM 60. Why didn't I choose high end foundations? Well, I rarely use foundation. In fact, I'd only use them whenever I have events, or occasional mengada dress up days. If you don't use a foundation for too long, it'll eventually be clumped up, caky and well - damage your skin. The True Match foundation gives you a lot of coverage, it blends well and is smooth on the skin. Plus, one bottle can last you a long time - trust me on this. Two high end foundations which I would recommend would be Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation (their foundation brush is also very good!) and Marc Jacob's Re(marc)able Full Coverage Foundation. 

C O N C E A L E R 


Amazing Concealers have got to be the best when it comes to one-toned concealers. They're expensive, but their level of coverage is beyond this world lol. When I worked in KLCC, I'd cheat my way down to Sephora whenever there was a meeting with someone important just to pat this on. I immediately bought a small tube once I got my first paycheck - haha! For a drug store alternative, I would recommend Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer. A lot of beauty gurus recommend this, especially when highlighting and covering dark circles. However, for concealer palettes, I would definitely recommend MAC's. Mine has lasted me for about a year and though people are sceptical about this (since it's small) - it is worth the investment. It is my holy grail beauty product, a must carry anywhere and everywhere when I travel. Nice to blend, easy and creamy to apply. A cheaper option I would recommend would be NYX's. I've used my sister's before to colour correct and it does the job good for its price. 

-----

Remember, when buying make up it's best to consult the salesperson and tell them your skin condition so they can recommend what suits you best especially when it comes to these three things; BB Creams, Foundation and Concealers. It's important to have a good base make up before layering other products to your face. Hope these recommendations were helpful! x

5 comments:

  1. hi aisyah what do you use to blend your foundation, concealer and bb cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarte's foundation flat top brush (its so smooth) or a beauty blender :-)

      Delete
  2. i love the collages aisyah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait for london storyy!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete