Monday, January 2

The Story of Angus

Iceland, was a series of events on its own - mostly unfortunate, but we managed to pull through, alhamdulillah. On the 26th of December, we checked out early in morning. The weather was again, about the detrimental but we were used to it. Sunrise was late in Iceland, so even at 8AM, the city was dead, pitch black. Only the lights of Christmas decorations brightened the roads - heck, even some of the street lamps were dead. Our ETA was in about 12 hours, from Fáskrúðsfjörður to Reykjavík and the slippery roads almost caused our car to skid off a cliff, but we managed to pull through seeing a scenic sunrise from the highway, surrounded by snowy mountains, lakes and eventually the sea.

About 3 hours in, that was when we met Angus.

Angus was a beauty of its own. Angus was a compilation of every terrain on Earth. Angus, was load as it crashed its waves on it black pebbled sand beach. Angus - was everything more than I imagined any beauty of Earth would be. The best part was, Angus was ours and only ours. There was not a single other human being at sight. As soon as we got out of the car, we ran on Angus's rocky mini-cliffs, we crossed its fresh mountain water river, and we caught sight to its frozen ice lake which reflected the surrounding mountains beautiful. I was speechless, and a part of me was left teary eyed. Erina, was bawling at its beauty. Even the boys, were astounded by the beauty of Angus.








That vivid feeling,
of what I want, what I need, what I deserve.
I am more than what I had limit myself to,
and in the brief moment of contentment - I let go.
I finally felt free.

A part of me felt like the Almighty opened the secret doors of Angus just for us - and I was, truly, deeply blessed. It was surreal, it was.. magical. I sat on its black sand terrain, and I began to reflect. How life was before Angus, and how much I've missed out on life - on how much, I've missed myself. 

I bid farewell, to you my old friend - 2016.
And I welcome you, 2017. 
With an open heart, with open arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment