Friday, April 16

The Rory and Jess Conundrum

I've been watching Gilmore Girls again - literally simping and shipping Rory and Jess, despite knowing they don't end up together. But I love it. I love how the characters develop and the tension that builds between them. I love how eventually Jess becomes a better person, someone who deserves more than Rory, someone who everyone thought was too good for her. I love it when Lorelai says, "Rory is at an age where she needs a Jess" and she knows damn right - that he will always be Rory's Jess just like Jess will always be his Rory.


And as much as I hate how both of them don't end up together, I understand why they were never meant to be. Although the relationship was toxic, it was a dependency that only the both of them understand - he is always there for her, just how she will always be for him. He was the only one who made sense to her when she dropped out of Yale. She was the only who made sense to her when she came back to in A Year in the Life. To be honest, despite everyone thinking Jess was a jerk - I think he was the only one who made sense to Rory and I actually felt that

No comments:

Post a Comment