Tuesday, January 26

Fancy Brunch at FBC

I finally came out from my wormhole guys! Woke up early despite sleeping at 4AM to be all dolled up and drive through the bustling and hectic city traffic since I made plans with Farah for brunch. I've been giving her rain-checks for way too many times and believe it or not, it's been a year since we first met during our internship - time flies by way too fast these days! 

Anyway, at first we wanted to try this cafe/restaurant place at Plaza Damas. However, that night I decided to Facebook the place to see the reviews and they were horrible. Had to arrange something else and I've been meaning to try Fancy Breakfast Club for quite some time now, so that's where went.


Bangers and Mash Rolls (U) and Smoked Salmon Clementine Fritters (B).


So, my review?

Basically, the restaurant achieved my expectations perfectly. It's pretty new, so some of the restaurant's interior may be a work in progress but it's clean - no worries. I think they were going for a rustic, minimal interior and ambience though I thoroughly loved it. Perfect for taking Insta-worthy pictures as well since the place had so much natural light coming on.

Okay for food, I contemplated between getting something savoury (which, indeed was the Bangers and Mash Rolls) or something sweet (they have an amazing waffle dish) but since it was almost lunch time, I decided to go for savoury. The rolls were big, in fact for the price, it was a pretty huge serving! The pastry was buttery, and the mashed potatoes were just the way I liked it - mashed but with little bits of chunky potatoes in it. The gravy was delicious too - definitely a must try! Most of the dishes were priced below RM 20 - for its serving, it's worth it.

Staff was friendly! In fact, when I came in, I found out one of my old college friends was working there. He came around several times asking how the food was. The waiter who took my order definitely deserved plus points for recommending the Bangers and Mash Rolls as well. I'd rate this place 4.7/5, definitely a satisfied customer who will come for brunch again.

2 comments:

  1. hi aisyah what camera do you use for your pictures? love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canon 700D, but for this post pics were taken using my phone :-)

      Delete