Monday, January 11

Saying Hello To Big Ben







Shots before my camera died due to the weather, taken on the first day we came to London. 

Syaz and I had actually been planning about our trip since early 2015. However, I bought my tickets first before she joined a few months after that. I initially planned for the trip to be around 2 weeks, but my initial flight was rebooked all of a sudden, so it ended up being three weeks. We went through whirlwinds to plan it and miraculously, we did it! Lol.

The both of us arrived Heathrow on a gloomy Christmas Eve morning. Amir and Hazim picked us up (Amir had arrived the same day on an earlier flight), we then settled in our respective accommodations all in Bayswater area and were joined by Danial at Malaysian Hall. Immediately, he was elected as our so-called "tourguide" and brought us to Westminster area to see the Big Ben, London Eye, Westminster Abbey and other tourist spots around the area.

While we were along the pathways of Big Ben, we were bombarded by street artists and people giving out flowers which we were forced to pay for. That part, annoyed me. For myself, the weather was perfect. It wasn't too cold and skies were clear and blue, unlike the hazy weather Malaysia had been cursed with for the past few months. Unfortunately for my camera, the weather affected the battery and it died on me while we were at Westminster Abbey. Thank god for my GoPro. Or else, I would have cried right on the spot. 

That night, we had GBK for dinner. Honestly, the best truffle fries I've ever tasted. By then, Aziz had arrived from Bristol and my cousins, Maryam and Razman joined us as well. Walked around Queensway area, chilled at the boys' studio before going back to mine since my eyes were red and exhausted by then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment