Thursday, May 9

Closure

I had a chat with a colleague the other day over two - or maybe three glasses, talking about life and experiences in general. Of course, it was a bit of influence that drove me to somewhat speak my mind and considering the department I'm in, no doubt consumerism is seen to be either fluffy or mainly fit for bimbos.

Through out the end of our 3 - if not 4 hours of chatting he asked me why I never speak my thoughts, or show another side of me to people. With a grin, I told him that I'm more reserved when it comes to saying what I feel, or my thoughts because it tends to choose who it wants to listen. Not necessarily looking at is a flaw, but I just thought it would be a nice personality/alter-ego for me shy away and to set out in the open only when needed.

"So, no one's seen this side of you?"
"Yeah there was one guy, my ex - but I don't know things didn't end well between us"
"Really? What happened"
"We were never really together, no exchange of 'I love yous' - the relationship was genuinely about two people caring about one another"
"You sound like you miss him"
"I miss his company at times, but not him"

Of course later conversation evolved to surround relationships but the whole night on the way back I pondered whether somewhere out there, a person is missing conversations I had with him. Whether he was having regrets - or a plan perhaps to woo my heart again.

Then again - I reminded myself how 'happy' I am now.
Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment