Thursday, July 9

For you, I say yes - forever and more

It's been 382 days since you told me you love me & on this day you asked your mum, to seal my heart and yours with a ring. If I were to gather the bets I've lost, I might've been able to place a downpayment on a new house. Of the many times I've told people that marriage just wasn't for me - here I am, now parading the world with a band on my finger. To show that I am taken, a proof I am loved - but mostly important that I am yours.

It's been 378 days since we went to the beach.
& on that day, we were watching the sunset with our toes in the sand and I smiled and told you I love you.

What happened next, I remember was you pulling me closer - to repeat what I've said. Little did I know, those three words would be a permanent feeling; my forevermore. That evening, the sun and its rays bear witness to you and me. The drive home was nothing less than content.Similar to how I feel right now.

As I type this, I look at this ring - placed with its tiny diamonds. 
That this symbol was contentment, safety - a symbol of assurance, that I wouldn't want anything else but you. 
You.
Just you.
Forever you.

I walked down the stairs and I took my last steps. I saw no exit doors just a path - a road, to you. As you sat near the wall looking at me, cluelessly navigating my way around the room, I was shy to lock eyes with you. Because I knew, I would've cried buckets. If only God knew how much I love you - indeed the theories of the sea flooding soil/earth. And as the ring fit perfectly in my finger, I knew - I had nowhere else to turn back to, but to you. 

I thank you, 
For existing in my life.
And for telling me, you love me - 382 days ago.
Forever, and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment