Thursday, September 3

The Engagement



I got engaged on 30 August 2020 - would I have ever imagined to say those words "I got engaged"? No, in fact, almost four months in - I'm still getting used to the fact that I no longer have boyfriend but I have a fiance

I've never written anything about how I met Kadir, or how we fell in love or got together because I'll be honest - I was scared. I had baggage, I had my fair share of paranoia which took exact/if not more than three years of me pondering about, jumping from one attachment to another to be stable and find myself. 

And no, he didn't come in a horse carriage, slaughtering dragons to bring me down from a tower - but Kadir he came at a time where things just felt right, a time where I felt safe. Though falling for him was with caution, it felt like a warm, safe hug. Thus, for me at least - why we initiated the process to get hitched, lol.

But what made the day special, really was the fact that everything was done by us. I remember contemplating about hiring a decorator for weeks - only to have my two close uncles come by a day before. My Pak Ndak brought plants all the way from his garden in Ipoh and my Uncle Zarool was kind enough to lend his wooden chair and decorate my mini-pelamin

Amalina and Nabilah came over the night before to calm me down and help my mum with the doorgifts and well I'zaz was with me through out the week just to make sure I was doing the right thing, lol. I had all these important people around me - the people who I grew up with and it felt good to just be around them that whole weekend. 

The road to getting engaged wasn't smooth - but I guess what mattered most was we both stuck together like glue.. and that's how things will be forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment