Wednesday, August 19

No Bad Vibes

Source: Tumblr

Holiday season has made me reflect a lot - in a good way. I spend most of my time alone at home with my cats watching movies which have induced me with a lot of thoughts and moral values. Guys, believe it or not, I've finished literally all of the TV shows I've watched during my entire life - including new ones. That's how lifeless being at home has made me, but I'm grateful.

What I've been trying to avoid most is social media. A few days ago, I was scrolling my Instafeed and spotted a picture of one of Malaysia's "iconic" fashionistas being bashed for a wardrobe malfunction - which I wouldn't even consider a malfunction considering what she/he was wearing was definitely a no, no. Then I scrolled my Twitter feed to find cynical and sarcastic tweets, bashing here and there. Come on guys, what's with the negativity? 

Sometimes, we may have the purest intentions, to advise a person for the greater good. But there are ways in doing so. 

I, admit. I was once a pessimist who often judged too quickly. A person who spoke her opinions without evaluating different perspectives. But doing it publicly? Is definitely something unacceptable. In fact, I'm embarrassed to once belong in a crowd of people who did so. Being sarcastic isn't something to be proud of. In fact, whining or complaining on social media won't solve your problems either. 

Another thing I realise is our actions on social media may even effect us in a long term. My friend, Amalina and I were talking about how toxic social media has become and how it has actually taken a toll towards our relationships (regardless of partners/friendships). Looking back, life was so much during primary school when we couldn't care less about who indirect tweeted who, or making arguments about different opinions. It's saddening.. and annoying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment