Friday, April 8

... And I Was Hooked.

If I was given a chance to describe one characteristic of my friend, Filzah (at the moment) it would be an Obsessive Joong Ki Fan; which at first, I did not quite understand why - but now I do.

It all started last Monday when the girls (Filz, Lin, Lia) and I went to Plaza Damas for late lunch and a karaoke session. Lin had just came back from Seoul, South Korea, so she was excited to tells us about her trip and give us our souvenirs. From skincare, make ups to cafes and army suited men - at first, I didn't understand a thing. I wasn't a huge fan of K-Pop like Lin and Filz (Lia was just lost, hahaha). I mean, occasionally I'd listen to a few Korean favourites (CNBlue is my favourite K-pop band, iKon, Zion-T are a few that I listen to) and watch a few Korean shows (The Heirs was actually how Filzah and I be got close!!). But it was something occasional, so when the whole Descendent's of The Sun craze started to spread - I was not really bothered, lol.

But Filzah on the other hand went to Obsessive Joong Ki Fan on a whooooole other level (!!!). She'd copy paste Joong Ki's photos on her little brother's face (apparently their the same height hhahaha) and she'd smile just looking at Joong Ki as her wallpaper. She squealed and stopped her car by the roadside when she knew Lin had bought her a Joong Ki blanket. Yes, it was up to that point. Her obsessive fan syndrome was chronic. So clueless and curious me just had to find out "what's all the buzz with this Joong Ki guy?", "is Descendent's of The Sun really that good?!".

So I did... and boy, what happened to me..

I watched the first two episodes with Amir on Skype. Even by the first episode I was already making comments:
"Are doctors in Korea all pretty? Lies, cannot be!", "Aisyah, it's just a drama".
"Omg, comelnya dia leave the girl naik helicopter. Why don't you ever pick me up in a helicopter?", "Really...... (facepalm silence)"

The next morning, I found myself watching episode three.. episode four.. and the next episode, the episode after.. and come episode eleven, I was hooked. I kept texting Filzah in capital letters asking her so many questions and voicing my opinions. When I watched episode thirteen's ending? It was 11.45AM and I called Amir, sobbing, because I didn't understand what I did to deserve such a cliffhanger ending? What did I do to be so addicted and emotionally disturbed by this drama?! They had good plots and were always making me wonder what would happen next. Thank God Korean dramas are not like Pinoy dramas which go on for at least a hundred episodes, I only have 16 episodes of dramatic whirlwinds to handle - for I cannot imagine, feeling how episode thirteen left me again.

See this is why I avoid Korean dramas (!!!). They don't give me time to emotionally recover before slamming me again with another depressing or frustrating scene - but they're so addictive.. its confusing.

However, I'm more drawn to the second couple (Dae-Young and Myeong-Joo). Their relationship is so complicated and I love how Dae-Young shows his love and affection towards Myeong-Joo. I somehow think their relationship is more complex plus the additional problems such as safety, distance and father's disapproval - I mean, Shi-Jin and Dr. Mo-Yeon's problems, to me aren't as much as what Dae-Young and Myeong-Joo have to face. During the earlier episodes, I wished Dr. Mo-Yeon would just realize, snap out of it and just accept Shi-Jin cause he's the one who's willing to risk more here compared to her - but oh whatever, I got my eyes on Dae-Young (Filzah can swoon over her Capt. Yoo Shi-Jin in peace, hehehe).

Anyway, I've seen episode fourteen already. Woke up around 5.30 AM to watch the episode and of course, though it ended on a happy note, the preview for episode fifteen is yet again - giving me cliffhanger syndrome. So I thought by typing this post, I'd be able to let my loose and free.. until next Thursday. Lol, I hope no one dies. ☹

3 comments:

  1. i follow kak filzah on snapchat and ig so i can understand why you say so! i love seeing your friendship with filzah and lin hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not alone to this addiction haha. btw you should watch Oh My Venus, it's a Korean drama and it's really good. Sweet and lovely drama haha. I love the dimple scene :) And I think you gonna love the main character, So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah in Oh My Venus. Just give a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yes thank you for reminding me! I watched a bit of Oh My Venus before but I didn't continue after awhile. Will definitely watch the series again and focus more this time! Hehehe :-) x

      Delete