Thursday, April 7

Why Hello There, Silver Baby.

… by baby, I mean a new camera that is, lol.

I got my first ever proper camera at the age of fourteen. My dad bought me a Canon 1000D after numerous pleading and persuasion. It was the most basic, and cheapest DSLR at that time. I was drawn into photography because I loved the process of developing and editing photos. My hobby has always been to tweak pictures on Photoshop and creating my own actions. Eventually, thanks to uni, my hobby grew and I expanded my interest in more photo and video editing softwares such as Lightroom, Illustrator and Final Cut Pro.

I’ve been eyeing to get a new camera since I’m about to leave for Cardiff in a few months. I would love to take my current baby, the Canon 700D but its too bulky. I’ve been trying to find something smaller, compact yet has the quality and functionalities which can compete with a DSLR. A mirrorless camera - one which can produce good pictures and videos as well (since I’m planning for my lifestyle and travel vlogs once I’m there.. if I have the time to juggle that and my studies then why not? Right?! Hehuhehu). 

At first, I wanted a Fujifilm XT-100. I loved the quality of Nadine Lustre’s shots and was semi-convinced by YouTube reviews that a Fujifilm would be my choice. However, I thought it was too expensive for something which offered basic functionalities that most cameras did. I was juggling between a Fuji and an Olympus when I friend of mine recommended the Sony A6000. So I did more research; read reviews, tested the camera myself and asked around. I began to talk to my dad about is as well since he's a photography junkie, like myself (coughs). However, he didn't react much because I guess he knew that it was going to be yet another investment he had to make, lol.

Today, I randomly got a text from my dad asking me what camera I had my eye on. I told him about the A6000 and he asked me what other choices I had. I told him my choices, but I was also convinced that the A6000 was the best choice.

Few hours later, I was watching TV with my mum when my dad came home. Didn't really bother to see him come in since I was basically too caught up with the movie and that was when he suddenly said, "Nah adik. Your graduation present". He handed me a Sony Alpha paper bag and I literally squealed! Immediately, I opened the bag and there it was - my new baby, a silver Sony A6000.

I haven't thought of a name for her yet.. soon. 

Forever grateful for having parents whom both, always support and are willing to invest in their children's hobbies (!!). I have a bunch of trips coming up (starting with a road trip to Johor with my friends tomorrow) so this baby, will definitely be put to good use. Most importantly, I have one item ticked off my "Things To Bring To Iceland" list, so I'll definitely be snapping pretty shots there! Heee.

8 comments:

  1. you are so lucky aisyah! kalau i samada kena kumpul duit sendiri atau waiting and waiting and waiting till forever hehe. btw, have a safe journey to johor and promised us all your readers to write more ((and take more pictures with your new baby)) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah, hehe. I actually planned to buy it using my own money at first but I guess it was just my luck. Will do! Johor post will come up once I'm back in Bangi!

      Delete
  2. When will you be off to cardiff? :) you're such a doll btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be leaving on either the 13th/14th of September, inshaAllah.

      Delete
  3. My first real camera was a 1000D too, and I'm still using it! Sony's a great choice, they're coming out with really great cameras for the past year :)

    www.thelunchcompanion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! Especially their video quality is surpassing other prominent camera brands in its industry. Hopefully will get used to this one, soon! x

      Delete
  4. Nanti buat review about this camera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestion! I'll do one once I've used it for a month or so! :-)

      Delete